• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thyprotector

I live in virginia and just found out that I have 12 year old daughter by an ex and that she had her adopted at a young age and when the adoption agency asked about the father she said I was dead. Is there anything I can do to see my daughter and/or take action on her mother for missing all these years of my child's life

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I live in virginia and just found out that I have 12 year old daughter by an ex and that she had her adopted at a young age and when the adoption agency asked about the father she said I was dead. Is there anything I can do to see my daughter and/or take action on her mother for missing all these years of my child's life
How did you find out about this?

There are some issues, obviously, but one which cannot be ignored is the effect this could have on the 12 year old. If you're sure you want to pursue this, you'll need to speak with an attorney - this goes far beyond the scope of an internet forum, sorry.

justalayman

A question: for whom are you doing this?

It's rhetorical. Obviously it's for you since if you really have any real concern for the child you will let this go and do nothing. You and the child are strangers. Heck, the birth mother and the child are strangers. Even if you could find the child, there is no connection to her or her parents other than the DNA.

Let it go man. Just let it go. Your curiousity being satisfied is not worth disrupting the child's life

adjusterjack

Put your name on one or more of the adoption reunion registries that you can find online.

There may come a day when your daughter may want to seek out her birth father for any number of reasons.

My step-daughter found her birth parents that way when she was 19.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">