• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help about a private adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mama2ah

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Hello can you please tell me what forms I need to buy off here too have at the hospital for a birthmom that wants a private closed adoption to sign please, any help would be welcomed!

mb94

Get a lawyer. Adoption law is very complicated and there are a lot of specific details you must get right or else the adoption can be overturned. This is not something to do yourself. Not to mention that there is a lot more involved then just signing papers and handing over the baby. You may need a completed homestudy. You have to get the approval of the birthfather and if he is not in the picture you must go through the process to have his rights terminated. You do need to have the whole thing signed off on by a judge. I know that lawyers cost money (since you already have the birthmother it shouldn't be too bad) but in the long run it is less expensive then having to have a custody fight in a few years.

Just Blue

Hello can you please tell me what forms I need to buy off here too have at the hospital for a birthmom that wants a private closed adoption to sign please, any help would be welcomed!
You can't do that...Get an attorney.

momofrose

Please give more information - you can not do this yourself!

momofrose

Please give more information - you can not do this yourself!

momofrose

She will not talk to a lawyer! she wants this to be private!
:confused:
Talking to a lawyer has NOTHING to do with being a private or closed adoption. At the very least you need to get a lawyer to make sure everything is going by the law - if you screw this up she could come back in a couple of years and get the baby back..you really need to educate yourself.

moburkes

OP, you haven't mentioned what the father of the child's opinion is on the matter. You can't pretend that he doesn't exist. You can't get around the law. You also don't have the baby's best interest in mind, AT ALL!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">