• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with husband adopting my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mindipalms

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am trying to find out info on how my husband can adopt my son, He was born 6 years ago to a guy a didn't know. But my husband has been in his life since he was 1 1/2 years old.please i need some kind of answer to this question.

Last edited:

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am trying to find out info on how my husband can adopt my son, He was born 6 years ago to a guy a didn't know. But my husband has been in his life since he was 1 1/2 years old.please i need some kind of answer to this question.
It is always best to hire an attorney to handle any adoption, that way you'll know that everything is done correctly. You can get a low cost consult with an attorney by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Eekamouse

Wait a minute. The boy's biological father was never told he has a son and now you want to have your husband adopt the boy? Doesn't the bio-dad deserve to know about his child and doesn't he have the right to know his child if he wants to? Why didn't you tell the bio-dad six years ago that you were pregnant with his child?

CJane

Wait a minute. The boy's biological father was never told he has a son and now you want to have your husband adopt the boy? Doesn't the bio-dad deserve to know about his child and doesn't he have the right to know his child if he wants to? Why didn't you tell the bio-dad six years ago that you were pregnant with his child?
Did you miss the part where she said she didn't know him? How's she supposed to notify a one-nighter that she's pregnant when she likely didn't know herself until a couple of months later?

ceara19

Did you miss the part where she said she didn't know him? How's she supposed to notify a one-nighter that she's pregnant when she likely didn't know herself until a couple of months later?
But the question is did she even TRY to find him and tell him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">