• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No records for birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Keithm

I was born with the name i have now in the early 70s my mother remarried and i was adopted by my step father in colo 5 years later i went to live with my dad there was a custody hearing in sc and custody was given to my biological father after that we moved to tn and my name was changed back to what i was born with. I moved to ohio i have a valid tn license but in order to get this changed over i have to have a birth certificate I sent to north carolina and they dont have a copy, tn has no record of name change I had to have my birth certificate to get my license 40 years ago and have never had to have it since Now suddenly i need it but apparently i dont exsist what do i do? There is a time limit on converting my license i dont want to give up the job i have to move back to a jobless state Help

LdiJ

I was born with the name i have now in the early 70s my mother remarried and i was adopted by my step father in colo 5 years later i went to live with my dad there was a custody hearing in sc and custody was given to my biological father after that we moved to tn and my name was changed back to what i was born with. I moved to ohio i have a valid tn license but in order to get this changed over i have to have a birth certificate I sent to north carolina and they dont have a copy, tn has no record of name change I had to have my birth certificate to get my license 40 years ago and have never had to have it since Now suddenly i need it but apparently i dont exsist what do i do? There is a time limit on converting my license i dont want to give up the job i have to move back to a jobless state Help
Have you checked for a birth certificate under your birth name and showing your birth father AND under your stepfather's last name? I suspect that you were never actually adopted by your stepfather, but that your mother just changed your last name to his. Otherwise, I do not see how your biological father could have obtained custody.

Also, you have to be certain just where you were born as well.

Proserpina

You were born in the early 70s but 40 years ago you needed your birth certificate to obtain a driver's license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">