• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oops...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XCBgirl1

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mo/ La
My ex-husband signed away his parental rights and my daughter was adopted by my current husband.
All was fine until my current husband and I got separated, then my daughter said she wanted to move back in with her biological father.
She called him and he said it would be ok for her to move back in with her for awhile to see how it goes. Now, he is trying to reverse the adoption and adopt her back. I am not ok with this. He signed her away once, I cannot rely on him to not change his mind and be all fickle about it.
Either way, my husband and I are going through a divorce.
Does her biological father have any rights since she has been staying with him? She is 16, does that matter?
I am trying to protect myself from his sneakiness since he always seems ready to surprise me with some sort of litigation since he signed over his rights. I think he feels bad about it, but, done is done...
What do you think?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My ex-husband signed away his parental rights and my daughter was adopted by my current husband.
All was fine until my current husband and I got separated, then my daughter said she wanted to move back in with her biological father.
She called him and he said it would be ok for her to move back in with her for awhile to see how it goes. Now, he is trying to reverse the adoption and adopt her back. I am not ok with this. He signed her away once, I cannot rely on him to not change his mind and be all fickle about it.
Does her biological father have any rights since she has been staying with him? She is 16, does that matter?
I am trying to protect myself from his sneakiness since he always seems ready to surprise me with some sort of litigation since he signed over his rights. I think he feels bad about it, but, done is done...
What do you think?
The phrase "musical daddies" comes to mind

momofrose

What do you think?
He can not reverse the adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">