• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Options for adoption when birth father won't cooperate.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Okay, kinda necroposting, but I blame it on my brain blowing up and my missing this thread when it was first being discussed.

This is a child who desperately needs some type of counseling. Yes, it is hard for a girl to be effectively abandoned by a parent - especially her father. But it happens, and it is incumbent upon the other parent to help the child through it. Been there with mine.

The problem I see in this situation? Mom is NOT the strong and powerful woman OP seems to think she is. If she were, she would be getting her child therapy, she would be building her self-esteem, helping her daughter become a strong and powerful woman. Mom is as much at fault as Dad (and yes, he is still Dad, not "the biological") if kiddo is having problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">