• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition for Termination of Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

im_ethans_girl

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was divorced April 14, 2000, my ex-husband was court ordered to pay back child support in the amount of $4,800, pay $400 a month in child support and to provide insurance or reimburse me. Well, in the 3.5 years we have been divorced, he has seen the kids maybe a total of 6 months and has only paid about $3,000 in child support. He has a tendency to take off for a year or two and not contact the kids until it really ticks me off and I track him down. To make a long story short, the last time we have heard or seen from him was June 22, 2002 and the only reason that was, was because I begged him to watch the kids while I attended my mother's funeral. He has changed his numbers and moved so I cannot get in touch with him. On the other hand, I met a wonderful man a year and a half ago and we plan on getting married. Him and my kids seem like they were meant for each other. I want to terminate my ex's rights due to abandonment, I have given him every opportunity under the sun to get him to take part in our kids lives but he chooses not to. The kids are happy, in a stable home and even go as far as to call my fiancee daddy. From what little research I have done, I believe I can have his rights terminated involuntarily because he has not seen the kids in over a year and he has made no attempt to see or support the kids. Where do I find this legal document called Petition for Termination of Parental Rights. I have no doubt in my mind that any judge would award a termination on his half, due to his track record while we were getting divorce. What steps do I have to take? I really don't have the funds to pay a lawyer. Is there something I can do on my own? Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">