• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with bio mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNBSMommy

The state takes care of non support.
my bad... point was, bm was obviously not supporting her child the way she was supposed to be or she wouldn't have been put in jail to begin with, rmet, you make it sound like the op herself put the bm there with the intentions of getting her to sign her rights off...

READYANN

Please understand I did not put her in jail to do anything that had nothing to do with me. She was not forced to do anything, we had to pay for her lawyer while she was in jail to expain her rights and that she did not have to do this.

rmet4nzkx

READYANN said:
Please understand I did not put her in jail to do anything that had nothing to do with me. She was not forced to do anything, we had to pay for her lawyer while she was in jail to expain her rights and that she did not have to do this.
OH WE didn't put her in jail, the state did, how convenient :D now we can take her rights away, WE even sent an attorney to explain it to her :D I win :D
Maybe the attorney didn't explain it the same way to her as to you? YOu can blame the attorney too. ;) The only thing you claim was her problem was that she was young, too young, how old was she when she had the child, how old was your husband?

tigger22472

rmet4nzkx said:
OH WE didn't put her in jail, the state did, how convenient :D now we can take her rights away, WE even sent an attorney to explain it to her :D I win :D
Maybe the attorney didn't explain it the same way to her as to you? YOu can blame the attorney too. ;) The only thing you claim was her problem was that she was young, too young, how old was she when she had the child, how old was your husband?
What is your problem??? The fact remains that the woman gave up her rights and is no longer the legal parent to this child. Even if the OP HAD FORCED her in some way to do it, which BTW I don't believe happened, that is not the issue here. If the OP and her husband HAD forced this adoption then the bio-mom could of done something within the realms of the LAW!! Remember? The Law? That's what this site is here for and the law is that this woman is a legal stranger and the OP has the right to do what she feels is right in a legal way FOR HER SON! If the bm has a problem with this she can seek her own attorney and get the answers. If the BM was here saying she wanted to see her child and even if she said she was 'FORCED" to give up rights you yourself Rme, would be telling her Tough S*it! You would tell her she never should of signed the papers and how she chose her other children over this child.

OP I suggest that you stop defending yourself.. you did what was right and was within your legal rights... as long as you continue to do so you should be completely ok.

brisgirl825

It's amazing how the bio parent can not pay child support and get out of it by giving up her rights when confronted with the consequences and this woman gets $hit on, on this board for it. Since when is it the fault of the adoptive parent when the bio parent wasn't paying child support?? Sounds like greed not duress was the motivating factor for the TPR.
My ex is doing the exact same thing. He's $10,000 behind in c/s and we recently found out that my daughter has type 1 diabetes so he wants out of the med bills as well. He's an a$$ for caring more about the money instead of his kids. If parents like that want to terminate rights, GREAT!!!!!!!!!
As for the toys....I think that's a normal response. Noone should be allowed to mess with his belongings and destroy them. I'm sure he sees it as the GPs playing favorites to the other kids. Those other kids should stay out of his stuff and the GPs should make them.

I hope that certain ppl hven't made you feel bad. I understand what you're going through.

Sarah

READYANN

me

I am tired of being attacked for trying to find out all avenues to help my son. I will not respond or deal with rmet anymore. I have been nothing but polite and tried to explain the situation the best that I can. I am a little confused that on these posts people can be so beligerent. Excuse my sp. There is obviously rmet issues with this. Thanks for all this help and info from everyone else. I don't just want the advise I want to hear but advise that is not poisoned would help.

READYANN

sarah

I am glad that someone else know's what the playing field looks like. And yes he is hurt by the biogp's when they allwo the other kids to play with his things and break them, then not bother to replace them. Or when he goes over to the biogp's seeing his biomom's pics and her kids' pics hurts him, and there is no hiding all that. There is so much people don't understand about adopted children and all they go through.

TNBSMommy

Readyann, don't bother with Rmet anymore, everyone else is trying to help you, it really doesn't matter how the woman signed over her rights, the fact is, she did and this is your child now, and you have the legal right to protect him. Bio may have brought him into this world, but for whatever reason, she gave him away, and has no rights to him anymore... I hope you understood most of us were defending you!

Good luck, if you sift through the replies you have gotten some good information on how to protect YOUR son!

nextwife

LEGALLY, this is no different than a step dad who had raised a child for a few years, WAS known to them, then abandoned them. They are known by the child, but they have no legal rights, and certainly no right to waltz into school and see them. Any contact must be per the consent of the parent. Regardless of past relationship, it is simply NOT the place of anyone else (other than the courts), to DECIDE on ther own, that this contact, at this time, should occur. They are LEGAL STRANGERS, and legal strangers do NOT have the right to visit a child without the parents consent.

Period.

Last edited:

READYANN

Yes I do realize that their are great people on these posts and am so grateful for them. Some people just can't get over their own issues. Thank you very much for all the advice. I have gained alot of knowledge through these posts and info in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">