• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about line 12 of Form DSS-5190 Consent to Adoption by Parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susanmaldea

This is probably such a stupid question and maybe it's just me having a case of the Mondays. But on the North Carolina Form-5190 Consent to Adoption by Parent Who Is Not the Stepparent's Spouse, there is a question on line 12 that I'm not sure how to fill out.

"That I have been informed that the name and address of the person to whom any notice of revocation of this consent can be sent are as follows:"

Can someone please tell me whose name and address goes there? Is it mine, the Petitioner? Or is it my ex husbands?

FYI - I'm completing as much of the form as possible for him before I mail it to him because I know he won't do it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

quincy

This is probably such a stupid question and maybe it's just me having a case of the Mondays. But on the Form-5190 Consent to Adoption by Parent Who Is Not the Stepparent's Spouse, there is a question on line 12 that I'm not sure how to fill out.

"That I have been informed that the name and address of the person to whom any notice of revocation of this consent can be sent are as follows:"

Can someone please tell me whose name and address goes there? Is it mine, the Petitioner? Or is it my ex husbands?

FYI - I'm completing as much of the form as possible for him before I mail it to him because I know he won't do it :rolleyes:
Susanmaldea, thank you for starting your own thread. Could you also please include the name of your state?

Thanks.

Last edited:

susanmaldea

I did some research and found this:

The person revoking this Consent to Adoption shall give written notice to the person specified in the Consent.

Is the person specified in the consent the minor child being adopted?

Silverplum

I did some research and found this:

The person revoking this Consent to Adoption shall give written notice to the person specified in the Consent.

Is the person specified in the consent the minor child being adopted?
Didn't I post to this thread yesterday? :confused:

LdiJ

Didn't I post to this thread yesterday? :confused:
I thought that I had too. I asked a question as it wasn't clear to me if she was attempting to give consent or revoke consent. I cannot imagine why someone would delete that?!!

quincy

There was a duplicate thread and both had responses. Maybe the other one got deleted?
susanmaldea originally added her question to a thread from 2006 (https://forum.freeadvice.com/adoption-34/tpr-qs-341610.html). She was asked to start her own thread.

This thread was started for susanmaldea by the moderator.

Although there were several responses in the old, archived thread, no one responded to susanmaldea's post in that thread except one post telling her to start her own thread.

Last edited:

Silverplum

This is probably such a stupid question and maybe it's just me having a case of the Mondays. But on the North Carolina Form-5190 Consent to Adoption by Parent Who Is Not the Stepparent's Spouse, there is a question on line 12 that I'm not sure how to fill out.

FYI - I'm completing as much of the form as possible for him before I mail it to him because I know he won't do it
:rolleyes:
You may not fill out legal forms for anyone but yourself. That's illegal: https://www.ncbar.gov/public/upl.asp

susanmaldea

Ok, I don't want to break the law. I assumed it would be OK since we are agreeable on the adoption. I will send a blank form for him to complete on his own but I've got to be able to at least assist him on what he needs to write in that line.

Can someone please let me know if it is the petitioner's info, or the child's info or my info that he needs to write on that line? If no one is allowed to respond due to legal concerns then I suppose I could call the clerk's office and ask them...

Thank you for your help and responses. I do appreciate it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok, I don't want to break the law. I assumed it would be OK since we are agreeable on the adoption. I will send a blank form for him to complete on his own but I've got to be able to at least assist him on what he needs to write in that line.

Can someone please let me know if it is the petitioner's info, or the child's info or my info that he needs to write on that line? If no one is allowed to respond due to legal concerns then I suppose I could call the clerk's office and ask them...

Thank you for your help and responses. I do appreciate it.
A lawyer can assist him. YOU CANNOT. That would be giving legal advice. YOU are not an attorney. You would therefore be engaged in the unauthorized practice of law. And the clerk's office cannot provide legal advice either.

Silverplum

...all of which was explained in my helpful link. :cool:

Somebody needs to quit fooling around and being cheap. Hire an attorney and do this "important" matter correctly.

FlyingRon

I answered this in the other forum. This form is to be signed by the ex-spouse. The name listed is where the revocation of consent is to be sent. It's not the ex. Most likely the lawyer preparing the form would have the mother's lawyer designated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">