• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions on how to's for step parent adoption!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melanieh

What is the name of your state? IL

I will be married for 5 years in march. My husband would like to adopt my son. Robert(my son) in 15 years old and would like it very much. Iam not sure as to which way to proceed. I would like to try this on my own. His father has not been in the picture since Robert was about 3 or 4 months old. He has meet him once in 1997 when Robert recognized him from a picture oputside of my aunts home, in which his father looked at him like he was crazy when Robert said quote, "Hey your my father". He told him I don't even know you. And Robert ran in the house to get me. Wow I picked a loser.
I know he has been in jail and other than that i dont even know if hes alive now.
Any help would be appricated.
Mel

Melanieh

I talked to a lawyer today!
Wow they wanted a large down payment. There has to be a way for me to get this goping on my own. I guess its back to searching the net on info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">