• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rescission of Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlcortes

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was born in AL but was living in TX when my step dad adopted my sister and I so I'm not sure what state has jurisdiction. My step was a very abusive man and is no longer alive. I have a good relationship with my bio dad now and would like to have my adoption undone. My bio dad is very ill and I know it would mean a lot for us to do this. I read in an old thread on this site about rescission of adoption but I'm not sure if my state has that. I would like to do this if available. How do I find out if this is an option and what state I have to go through for it?What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was born in AL but was living in TX when my step dad adopted my sister and I so I'm not sure what state has jurisdiction. My step was a very abusive man and is no longer alive. I have a good relationship with my bio dad now and would like to have my adoption undone. My bio dad is very ill and I know it would mean a lot for us to do this. I read in an old thread on this site about rescission of adoption but I'm not sure if my state has that. I would like to do this if available. How do I find out if this is an option and what state I have to go through for it?What is the name of your state?
You might have to be re-adopted by your biological father to make it work. However, that can be complicated because it can remove your mother as your legal mother.

Consult a local adoption attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">