• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverse adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcgroder1527

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am searching for someone who would be willing to help me reverse an adoption of my kids who my dad adopted. I want to prove to a judge that it will be in their best interest if they are with me again. Here's a little about what has happened. I was under extreme emotional duress during signing the adoption papers. My dad basically threatened me, saying I would never get them back you need to just give them to me, after all the money we have put into them. I would have never EVER put my kids up for adoption if I would have had time to think about it more clearly. My husband had just left me and I couldn't take care of my kids at the time I had nothing. There has also been extreme emotional duress for both myself and my children, my son from my current marriage being deprived sibling relationships, especially my children's need for maternal influence to aid in their growth and development, something that no father can ever replace. I just want to bring them home to where they belong. Me and My current husband want to fight to get the adoption reversed.

Is any of this possible to do???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I am searching for someone who would be willing to help me reverse an adoption of my kids who my dad adopted. I want to prove to a judge that it will be in their best interest if they are with me again. Here's a little about what has happened. I was under extreme emotional duress during signing the adoption papers. My dad basically threatened me, saying I would never get them back you need to just give them to me, after all the money we have put into them. I would have never EVER put my kids up for adoption if I would have had time to think about it more clearly. My husband had just left me and I couldn't take care of my kids at the time I had nothing. There has also been extreme emotional duress for both myself and my children, my son from my current marriage being deprived sibling relationships, especially my children's need for maternal influence to aid in their growth and development, something that no father can ever replace. I just want to bring them home to where they belong. Me and My current husband want to fight to get the adoption reversed.

No .

Proserpina

No.

Read here http://www.childadoptionlaws.com/child_adoption_laws/adoption_laws_georgia.htm

I'm not trying to be cruel, but very simply they are no longer your children. You have as much right to them as I do; you don't have standing to file for custody or visitation.

LdiJ

No.

Read here http://www.childadoptionlaws.com/child_adoption_laws/adoption_laws_georgia.htm

I'm not trying to be cruel, but very simply they are no longer your children. You have as much right to them as I do; you don't have standing to file for custody or visitation.
Lets not forget though that legally the children are now the OP's siblings. So they do still have a legal relationship. While there is nothing that can be done to reverse the adoption, they still would have standing for kinship placement or visitation should the children ever need services.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">