• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse my Adoption from When I was a Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjmeldrum

I was looking at getting my adoption reversed, or to see what my options are. I was adopted when I was 10 to a single father through the foster system and I am now 24. Adoption took place in PA. It's been years since I have had contacted him, and I wish to get him completely removed from my life (ie: name change and off of my birth certificate) due to his choices that my home town is aware of. I do not want to be associated with him what so ever. I have been in contact with my biological mother for years, and I would like to have her on my birth certificate instead it only listing him. What can I do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was looking at getting my adoption reversed, or to see what my options are. I was adopted when I was 10 to a single father through the foster system and I am now 24. Adoption took place in PA. It's been years since I have had contacted him, and I wish to get him completely removed from my life (ie: name change and off of my birth certificate) due to his choices that my home town is aware of. I do not want to be associated with him what so ever. I have been in contact with my biological mother for years, and I would like to have her on my birth certificate instead it only listing him. What can I do.
As I mentioned in your other thread, you won't be able to "undo" the adoption. You can ask that your biological mother adopt you as an adult. You can also seek a name change for yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">