• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lise

Can i unadopt my grown daughter who has disowned me? She is 29 and does not want anything to do with me since I divorced her mother (adoptive) and says that I'm too much of a horrible and evil person nor can I see my grandchildren. Thanks

Just Blue

Can i unadopt my grown daughter who has disowned me? She is 29 and does not want anything to do with me since I divorced her mother (adoptive) and says that I'm too much of a horrible and evil person nor can I see my grandchildren. Thanks
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's like asking "Can I unborn my birth children?"

Sorry - you're stuck with the rotten child...you know, the one that YOU raised to be that way...

Gracie3787

No, you cannot "unadopt". However, since your daughter is an adult, you can choose to have nothing to do with her, which is like "unadopting".

ariastar

What would come of "unadopting" a 29yo? What would you expect to get out of it, were such a thing even possible?

Nativity

I think he was just looking for a way to hurt her in the same sense she has hurt him by not allowing him to see his grandchildren.

Which is uncool, and cannot be done. I wouldn't fight fire with fire, just wait it out and always be the person you were perhaps in time her feelings will change and she'll want you in her life again and meet your grandchildren. Be the bigger person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">