• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natashadalton15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was adopted 5 years ago and I want to reverse my adoption.
The relationship with my adoptive mother is getting out of control.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was adopted 5 years ago and I want to reverse my adoption.
The relationship with my adoptive mother is getting out of control.
You cannot reverse your adoption. Just ignore your MOTHER if you are an adult. She is not your adoptive mother. She is your mother. Ignore her if you are an adult.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You cannot reverse your adoption. Just ignore your MOTHER if you are an adult. She is not your adoptive mother. She is your mother. Ignore her if you are an adult.
If she's an adult, she can find another adult to adopt her, can't she?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If she's an adult, she can find another adult to adopt her, can't she?
Where is the OP's father? she wants to reverse the adoption but she doesn't say anything about dad or wanting someone else to adopt her. She can't reverse the adoption. That will NOT happen.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OP is a HS junior (according to her profile).
Then she is not going to reverse the adoption and she has to listen to her mother (if her mother has custody or is still married to her father). If she believes she is being abused, she can make a report to her high school teacher/guidance counselor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course, to a great many teens, an "out of control" relationship with a parent means that mom and/or dad are enforcing curfew, insisting that homework be done, and in other ways actually parenting the child instead of letting child run out of control.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Of course, to a great many teens, an "out of control" relationship with a parent means that mom and/or dad are enforcing curfew, insisting that homework be done, and in other ways actually parenting the child instead of letting child run out of control.
Rachel Canning springs to mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">