• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing a step-parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkorte2003

What is the name of your state? FL

I'm trying to get some information on reversing a step-parent adoption. My husband adopted my son a year ago. He didn't do it because he loves my son, he did it because I wanted him to. Things have not gone well with their relationship. In the meantime, my sons natural father has been in contact with my son and they have been developing a very nice relationship. I'm not sure that things will be working out with my husband. Either way, I would like my sons natural father to be his legal father as well, in case something should happen. All parties are agreeable to this. One more glitch. We just moved from California to Florida. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zephyr

I don't think you can undo an adoption......but you are free to allow bio dad as much contact as you want- he just doesn't have any rights

bononos

dkorte2003 said:

I'm trying to get some information on reversing a step-parent adoption. My husband adopted my son a year ago. He didn't do it because he loves my son, he did it because I wanted him to. Things have not gone well with their relationship. In the meantime, my sons natural father has been in contact with my son and they have been developing a very nice relationship. I'm not sure that things will be working out with my husband. Either way, I would like my sons natural father to be his legal father as well, in case something should happen. All parties are agreeable to this. One more glitch. We just moved from California to Florida. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Daddy #1 needs to adopt the child, just like Daddy #2 did.
I'm quite sure the courts won't be too impressed with you people.
Why did you allow a man who does not love your child adopt him?
How long have you been in FL?

STOP PLAYING MUSICAL DADDIES!

Just Blue

dkorte2003 said:

What kind of game are you playing with this child?? Do you have any clue as to the emotional trama you are setting him up for??...Pick a daddy and stick with him!!:(

bononos

baystategirl said:
What kind of game are you playing with this child?? Do you have any clue as to the emotional trama you are setting him up for??...Pick a daddy and stick with him!!:(
TAG!
Your IT!
You can be daddy!
No tag backs!
(even though your a girl)

Just Blue

bononos said:
TAG!
Your IT!
You can be daddy!
No tag backs!
(even though your a girl)

No fair!! I don't want to be daddy..(even tho I'm a girl)...I got it!!...Lets flip a coin and see who daddy will be....Heads it's acmb05...and Tails it's IAAL...Thier as good as anyone...and our poster has proven she isn't too selective in passing her kid from one guy to the next....soooo...here it goes...where it lands nobody knows!!.....FLIP!......:eek:

seniorjudge

dkorte2003 said:

I'm trying to get some information on reversing a step-parent adoption.

Ain't no sich critter....

bononos

baystategirl said:
No fair!! I don't want to be daddy..(even tho I'm a girl)...I got it!!...Lets flip a coin and see who daddy will be....Heads it's acmb05...and Tails it's IAAL...Thier as good as anyone...and our poster has proven she isn't too selective in passing her kid from one guy to the next....soooo...here it goes...where it lands nobody knows!!.....FLIP!......:eek:
ROTFLMF-in'AO!

nextwife

Dang, I hate these musical father threads. What is it with these woman who want to switch their kid's daddy's around because THEY have changed relationships?

IMHO, Step adoptions should be treated the same as unrelated adoptions - homestudies, ability to qualify AND a minimum of at least a two year marriage before an adoption can even be started.

Last edited:

Just Blue

nextwife said:
Dang, I hate these musical father threads. What is it with these woman who want to switch their kid's daddy's around because THEY have changed realtionships?

IMHO, Step adoptions should be treated the same as unrelated adoptions - homestudies, ability to qualify AND a minimum of at least a two year marriage before an adoption can even be started.

I so agree...this is a horrible thing to do to a child!! "Honey ...this is your daddy....no no dear...THIS is your daddy...no no no THIS is your daddy...mommy changed her mind..."...Fricken wrong!!:(

S

shell007

nextwife said:
Dang, I hate these musical father threads. What is it with these woman who want to switch their kid's daddy's around because THEY have changed realtionships?

I personally think think there should be a mandatory test done before people are allowed to procreate!!

Just Blue

shellandty said:
I personally think think there should be a mandatory test done before people are allowed to procreate!!

If "they" were to do something like this the world would be UNderpopulated!!...Most people should not breed!!:(

S

shell007

baystategirl said:
If "they" were to do something like this the world would be UNderpopulated!!...Most people should not breed!!:(
True...very true!!:(

Rushia

baystategirl said:
Don't leave us hanging!! Who won the toss??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">