• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights of husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flora717

What is the name of your state? new york. i concieved a child out of wedlock with anothe man while separated from the father of my three other children. the father of my three other children and myself reunited and married in a mosque while i was pregnant with this child. i was on social services at the time and had to file for child support and named the father of my child. we went to court and he was ordered to pay child support and his name was added to the birth certificate. thiws child is now 10 years old, and his biological father does not pay child support( garnishee on his pay, quit working, although he owns two houses) nor has he seen my son in almost two years. he was granted overnight visitation but has never used it. he got this visitatio by default because he used and incorrrect address for me and never knew of the court date, i was never served papers. my husband now wants to adopt trhis child as this is the only father he has really known. what is my husband's rights in this case? how can he adopt my son?: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">