• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Searching for Brother & Sister

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cnbullock

What is the name of your state? California

I have a brother and sister from my father's first marriage. They were adopted by their step dad and I have no clue what their last name was changed to.

I do know their biological parents names (even their mother's maiden name). I believe they were in New Hampshire or Maine when this happened.

Any advice in how to find them?

Colleen

nextwife

What is the name of your state? California

I have a brother and sister from my father's first marriage. They were adopted by their step dad and I have no clue what their last name was changed to.

I do know their biological parents names (even their mother's maiden name). I believe they were in New Hampshire or Maine when this happened.

Any advice in how to find them?

Colleen
Is dad alive? Can he tell you where they lived? When was this?

Start by obtaining a copy of dad's first marriage license. That will give you their mom's maiden name. Then a least you'll have a start knowing who to look for.

Do you know THEIR first names?

You can look for newspaper marriage/birth announcements/obituaries of any parents or grandparents of the mother (mom's parents are listed on her marriage license) Obits list "survived by children so and so, and lists their spouses name". Depending upon how long ago, state census records.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">