• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Searching for siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillbitt

What is the name of your state? I live in texas. I have a friend who is searching for her siblings. Her mother abandoned the five children and their ill father around 1979/1980. The father was unable to care for the children and she was given to a couple in the Houston area. She was later adopted and the siblings were placed elsewhere. She wants to find her siblings, but does not know where to start. She has a birth certificate with the adoptive parents name on it . Could you give us some input on where we can start to locate her siblings?

P

pamela vandi

B@STARD NATION

The B@stard Nation website, [email protected], will probably have info for your friend. Regularize the spelling when you enter the name in your computer. I have to use the @ for "a" on this web site because the freeadvice.com computer censors the name. B@STARD NATION advocates for the rights of adoptees to access their original birth records when they reach adulthood.

FarmerJ

There are also a lot of free sites that allow you to search for postings based on Date Of Birth and State .

CMSC

First of all Texas has a volunteer registry. You can check it's database against your friends last name (either birth name or adoptive name) etc.

If you want to give me your email address I can send you a TON of info on Texas! I also am helping 4 adoptee's search for siblings in TX, so maybe we should compare and see if we can match them up!:)

L

lillbitt

Thanks for all your help. I have helped my friend locate a half brother in Indiana. Her husband spoke to him yesterday and is willing to help her locate some of her biological siblings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">