• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

severed rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranci

What is the name of your state? arizona
my mother legally adopted my daughter about 5 years ago, and has recently past away. there are no legal papers stating who has custody of her now. am i able to gain custody of her again since i am her birth mother?

tigger22472

tranci said:
What is the name of your state? arizona
my mother legally adopted my daughter about 5 years ago, and has recently past away. there are no legal papers stating who has custody of her now. am i able to gain custody of her again since i am her birth mother?

You can attempt through court, however, was your mother married and was there two people that adopted the child?

W

westcoastdaddy

you are the child's sister not her mother

legally, you are her sister, not her birth mother.if your mom and her spouse adopted the child, and her spouse is still living, legally her spouse is the child's father, and would have a right to custody

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">