• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

siging over parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommamayi

My sister-in-law just had a baby 2/2/05. And it is no doubt that she is not ready to raise a child. She has given two kids up.so how do you go about her signing her rihts over to me?

seniorjudge

mommamayi said:

My sister-in-law just had a baby 2/2/05. And it is no doubt that she is not ready to raise a child. She has given two kids up.so how do you go about her signing her rihts over to me?
She would sign over her rights in an adoption lawsuit. Hire a lawyer.

(That's one option...stand by for other opinions.)

momofrose

If by "rights" you meanthat you want to adopt the child...you MUST contact an attorney - he can arrange a rush home study and prepare all documents needed to make this legal.

Three babies and all adopted out???

D

S

shell007

mommamayi said:

In addition to the proper legal advice already given...Get your sister-in-law to a doctor for some Birth control.

This is really sad!!!:( :(

S

shell007

ceara19 said:
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. You'll need dad's consent for the adoption also.
You're on the ball Ceara19!!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">