• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing Over Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JNJFris2722

What is the name of your state? PA

i have a 3 year old son whos gonna be 4 in april and i havent seen him in almost 3 years, his first birthday was the last time i seen him. now me and his mother were never together (one night stand kinda thing) and since just before his 1st birthday his mothers boyfriend has been in his life whom he calls "daddy" everytime ive tried to contact him or her to see my son she says i cant see him that he has a "daddy" as she puts it and to just stay away from him. so for 2 and a half years i did just that i left him alone no contact whatso ever no calls no birthday or xmas cards or presents NOTHING. Finally this xmas i thought maybe one more time id try and was told the same thing only this time not only by her but by my son as well. my son said hes not my daddy the other guy ( dont know his name) is my daddy so if thats the case im just gonna sign over my rights and give them what they want and dissapear. it hurts me but i dont wanna interfere in my sons life if he doesnt want me there and there is another father figure in his life who from what i hear takes care of him very well. so my question is what do i have to do in order to sign over my rights???

Just Blue

JNJFris2722 said:

i have a 3 year old son whos gonna be 4 in april and i havent seen him in almost 3 years, his first birthday was the last time i seen him. now me and his mother were never together (one night stand kinda thing) and since just before his 1st birthday his mothers boyfriend has been in his life whom he calls "daddy" everytime ive tried to contact him or her to see my son she says i cant see him that he has a "daddy" as she puts it and to just stay away from him. so for 2 and a half years i did just that i left him alone no contact whatso ever no calls no birthday or xmas cards or presents NOTHING. Finally this xmas i thought maybe one more time id try and was told the same thing only this time not only by her but by my son as well. my son said hes not my daddy the other guy ( dont know his name) is my daddy so if thats the case im just gonna sign over my rights and give them what they want and dissapear. it hurts me but i dont wanna interfere in my sons life if he doesnt want me there and there is another father figure in his life who from what i hear takes care of him very well. so my question is what do i have to do in order to sign over my rights???

You can't! ...But you can go to the courts and file for visitation ...... :D

seniorjudge

JNJFris2722 said:

Is ma wanting new guy to adopt him? If so, then tell her to have her lawyer send the papers and you will sign.

Otherwise, you are still daddy.

seniorjudge

nextwife said:
Mom's BOYFRIEND cannot adopt his son.
You mean unmarried homosexual couples can adopt but unmarried heterosexual couples can not adopt?

Is this illegal sex discrimination or something?

nextwife

seniorjudge said:
You mean unmarried homosexual couples can adopt but unmarried heterosexual couples can not adopt?

Is this illegal sex discrimination or something?
AS far as I know, Homosexual couples don't have the OPTION of getting married, the way Heterosexual couples do.

And too many religious zealots would rather let a child ROT in an orphanage for life or the foster system than be adopted by a homosexual adoptive parent or couple and have a life with a family. Those who restrict adoption to heterosexuals live under the naive notion that every child has a heterosexual couple as an alternative adoptive parent if a homosexual is denied the right to adopt. The reality is many of these orphanage kids will simply not have another chance at a home asnd will stagnate, unloved their whole life, until they age out of their countries orphanage system and end up out on the street, likely as sex slaves or homeless..

seniorjudge

nextwife said:
AS far as I know, Homosexual couples don't have the OPTION of getting married, the way Heterosexual couples do.

And too many religious zealots would rather let a child ROT in an orphanage for life or the foster system than be adopted by a homosexual adoptive parent or couple and have a life with a family. Those who restrict adoption to heterosexuals live under the naive notion that every child has a heterosexual couple as an alternative adoptive parent if a homosexual is denied the right to adopt. The reality is many of these orphanage kids will simply not have another chance at a home asnd will stagnate, unloved their whole life, until they age out of their countries orphanage system and end up out on the street, likely as sex slaves or homeless..
You mean you have to be a religious zealot to oppose homosexual adoption?

nextwife

seniorjudge said:
You mean you have to be a religious zealot to oppose homosexual adoption?
If they oppose it, fine and dandy.

But, If a person isn't willing to give an orphange kid a home themselves, they have no business keeping another competant parent from giving that child a home in their place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">