• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-father Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psxjlg

What is the name of your state? Florida

My step-father and mother have run a foster home and through it adopted one child. He will recieve financial aid from the government for his college. I have not yet been adopted by my step-father and still carry my bio father's last name. If my step-father were to adopt me, would those same college benefits apply? also the details of those benefits im still unclear on, and if there is any information regarding that i would appreciate it. Thanks!

BelizeBreeze

Financial aid has nothing to do with being adopted or not. In fact, if you remain unadopted then you will stand a better chance of finding (depending on your grades) more scholarship money.

As for federal grants and loans, you have the same rights as an adopted or biological child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">