• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step mom would like to adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crtcct

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
I would like to adopt my husbands 2 and 6 yr old son. He didn't marry there mother and recently got temporary custody. She left on father's day last year, and also left her older two which were not his. they are now with there bio father. The hearing for permanent custody is the 23 of july. She has yet to pay the child support the court ordered. It is supposed to come out of her check soon. Would it be illegal to offer to her that we will drop the child support if she lets me adopt them?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
I would like to adopt my husbands 2 and 6 yr old son. He didn't marry there mother and recently got temporary custody. She left on father's day last year, and also left her older two which were not his. they are now with there bio father. The hearing for permanent custody is the 23 of july. She has yet to pay the child support the court ordered. It is supposed to come out of her check soon. Would it be illegal to offer to her that we will drop the child support if she lets me adopt them?
IMHO based upon your post, it's far too soon to be considering adoption.

Isis1

IMHO based upon your post, it's far too soon to be considering adoption.
i second that. i have got to be honest, do you really want a child growing up knowing he was not good enough to stick around for since a dollar amount was attached to him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">