• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step mother adoption with bio-mom contesting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wjlmat

What is the name of your state? Virginia... I was recently remarried to my current wife and adopted her two kids. Now my wife wants to adopt my two girls. Their bio-mother left when they were 18 and 8 months old and never had any contacts with them whatsoever. She never sent them any gifts, cards or anything for their birthdays, christmas and what have you... it's been 3 and a half years since she disappeared from our life. My lawyer just located her and served her with the court paper for adoption and now she's contesting it... I know what her intention is for doing this... to hurt me... she is telling her lawyer that I intimidated her from seeing the kids!!!!! for three and a half years, she was gone!!! does she have a case?? right now, I have sole custody and she never bothered to show up for any custody hearings...

Seanscott

Quite simply - the judge will ask her, "Where the hell have you been and why do you act like you care now?"

It's obvious who loves and cares for those kids. In Virginia, her rights can be terminated for abandonment, extreme parental disinterest, failure to maintain contact and/or pay support, failure to make reasonable efforts, and if it's in the child's best interest.

Your ex if p!ssing up a rope, as they say around here.

nextwife

Hmmm. Out of curiousity, as your ex suddenly is claiming that she does not want her rights severed, would she not also be responsible for back child support and continuing child support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">