• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step parent adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZMom

When I was 15 a 25 year old family friend raped me. I became pregnant, which he knew, and I never saw him after I was more than two months along. I raised my son, the light of my life, alone until two years ago. My hubby and I have been married for over one year now and we both want my son to be adopted by him. I never pressed charges against my son's father, he's not on the birth certificate, and I don't really want anything to do with him. My son is five and the only dad he knows is my husband. What is the most painless way for the adoption to go through in Arizona?

djohnson

Your husband will need to petition to adopt. If a fathers name is given he would have to be notified, with rape you may be able to use that or say unknown. I'm not sure. Contact a local attorney and he can get you headed in the right direction and help you get there. Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">