• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marie Yoder

What is the name of your state? wisconsin i have two children age 4 and 3 from a previous relationship i was never married to the childrens father i am getting married and my boyfriend wants to adopt my girls thier father does not pay child support and we do not have a current address for him how do we go about proving him unfit or having his rights terminated so that their step father can adopt them do we need the biological dads consent how do we get that without an address what is wisconsin laws on unfit under these conditions he fails to appear at any child support court dates he has been in contempt and has had warrants issued for not paying his child support all of no use since their is no address for him

Last edited:

skyy

Scroll down to your state

http://www.calib.com/nccanch/pubs/sag/groundtermin.cfm

I think some state require that you're married a speciific length of time first (like a year). You'll also have to show you've made a good faith effort to locate the father. He has the option of contesting the adoption. I think if you can't locate the father, you'll need to show you've tried to reach his family and then a publication in the newspaper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">