• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobjo329

What is the name of your state? pa

My situation is this. I have been married fro 7 years my husband would like to adopt my 12 year old son and also do the whole name change my son wants that and has asked about his name getting changed. My husband has been involved in my sons life since he was a year old that is a total of 11 years. My son has had no contact with his biological father for 3 years. He does pay support it is attached to his wages. I asked him to think about the situation it has been 3 weeks and he still hasn't called so I am not sure what I should do or what my options are. If anyone could give me some advice on this I would appreciate it. Thank You

Neal1421

bobjo329 said:
What is the name of your state? pa

My situation is this. I have been married fro 7 years my husband would like to adopt my 12 year old son and also do the whole name change my son wants that and has asked about his name getting changed. My husband has been involved in my sons life since he was a year old that is a total of 11 years. My son has had no contact with his biological father for 3 years. He does pay support it is attached to his wages. I asked him to think about the situation it has been 3 weeks and he still hasn't called so I am not sure what I should do or what my options are. If anyone could give me some advice on this I would appreciate it. Thank You
If he is paying support, that is considered contact. Your husband cannot adopt without the consent of your ex.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">