• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelbel29

TEXAS

Does anyone know where to look to get information on the laws of terminating parental rights so a step-parent can adopt the children?

How long does this process usually take, and what steps are typically involved?

BelizeBreeze

kelbel29 said:
TEXAS

Does anyone know where to look to get information on the laws of terminating parental rights so a step-parent can adopt the children?
Google
Yahoo
Mr. Jeaves
Leo
State Bar association website
State Statutes.
As long as it takes and from 1 to n steps.

momofrose

kelbel29 said:
TEXAS

Is the bio-parent still in the picture?

How long has the possible step-parent and parent been married?

How old is the child?

Is child support being received?

D

kelbel29

momofrose said:
Is the bio-parent still in the picture?

How long has the possible step-parent and parent been married?

How old is the child?

Is child support being received?

D
Yes, and is volunteering to terminate parental rights.

Married eight years.

Children are 11, 14, & 17.

Child support is being adhered to.

momofrose

May I ask why you are looking to have your children adopted (and why father wants to terminate his rights) by your husband when they are (all but one) past their childhood years?

D

Just Blue

kelbel29 said:
Yes, and is volunteering to terminate parental rights.

Married eight years.

Children are 11, 14, & 17.

Child support is being adhered to.

Are these your children? I thought their father was CP?

kelbel29

What do my previous posts (one from a year ago and one regarding a criminal justice class I am taking) have to do with my question here?

By the way, the second link isn't even a post I responded to.

Rather than give advice, it seems you wish to give criticism.

Just Blue

kelbel29 said:
What do my previous posts (one from a year ago and one regarding a criminal justice class I am taking) have to do with my question here?

By the way, the second link isn't even a post I responded to.

Rather than give advice, it seems you wish to give criticism.
No.. From your other threads you have stated that the children lived with their father...so we are confused...Are these children yours or your st-children? In no way has anyone been critical of you...I don't know where you are getting that from.:confused:

momofrose

I am confused as well - I read your other posts and youstated that the father had sole custody. Now you are saying dad will terminate his rights?

This make no sense...what is the whole and TRUE story and why are you asking this question.

D

kelbel29

momofrose said:
I am confused as well - I read your other posts and youstated that the father had sole custody. Now you are saying dad will terminate his rights?

This make no sense...what is the whole and TRUE story and why are you asking this question.

D
No you ASSUMED I was saying dad will terminate his rights. I was asking about ME. If you people stop assuming everyone on here asking for your advice was a liar, you might actually be able to help someone.

kelbel29

baystategirl said:
No.. From your other threads you have stated that the children lived with their father...so we are confused...Are these children yours or your st-children? In no way has anyone been critical of you...I don't know where you are getting that from.:confused:
BSG I was not saying you were being critical, I was referring to BB because she took it upon herself to put links up about my prior posts. It seemed to me she was indicated I was a liar.

If you follow the posts without making assumptions that I am a liar, you all will see it makes sense: My ex DOES have custody. My ex's wife HAS driven a wedge between me and two of my children. And I do NOT have the money to continue fighting. It seems easier on my children to let them go rather than have them torn in two.

momofrose

kelbel29 said:
BSG I was not saying you were being critical, I was referring to BB because she took it upon herself to put links up about my prior posts. It seemed to me she was indicated I was a liar.

If you follow the posts without making assumptions that I am a liar, you all will see it makes sense: My ex DOES have custody. My ex's wife HAS driven a wedge between me and two of my children. And I do NOT have the money to continue fighting. It seems easier on my children to let them go rather than have them torn in two.

You mean it seems easier on YOU! Nice of you to terminate your rights as a mother because of this supposed "wedge". Remember once you do this you will NOT be their mother. I have nothing to say and no legal advice to offer..I just think this is dispicable.

D

S

shell007

kelbel29 said:

OMG:eek: :eek:
Are you serious???
Are these children or puppies?

You should be willing to do whatever it takes to have a good relationship with your children.

Have you always taken the easy road all of your life?

Poor kids! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">