• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cilla

What is the name of your state? AZ
My husband would like to adopt my 14 yr old son, We have been married 6 yrs this coming July and have been togather7 yrs. My son biologial father hasnt had contact with my son since he has been 1 1/2 yrs old, or pd child support. When we were togather he was very absuvie and we had to get restaining orders out on him which he broke more times then I can count. Not metioning many DWI, and drug charges against him, plus hes not allowed to see his first 2 kids either, this is court ordered. What steps do my husband and I need to take to have him adopt my son and do we need to contact his biologial father so will sign off on his rights. Any info would help.

Last edited:

ceara19

What is the name of your state? AZ
My husband would like to adopt my 14 yr old son, We have been married 6 yrs this coming July and have been togather7 yrs. My son biologial father hasnt had contact with my son since he has been 1 1/2 yrs old, or pd child support. When we were togather he was very absuvie and we had to get restaining orders out on him which he broke more times then I can count. Not metioning many DWI, and drug charges against him, plus hes not allowed to see his first 2 kids either, this is court ordered. What steps do my husband and I need to take to have him adopt my son and do we need to contact his biologial father so will sign off on his rights. Any info would help.
The first step you need to take is getting out the yellow pages and calling a few family law attorneys for consultations. Adoption is NOT a DIY project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">