• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrissy_hammons

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I need someone to help me with an un-contested adoption. The biological father of my children has agreed to the adoption and has signed the consent to adopt paper in front of the judge. The judge has agreed to waive the filing fee for my husband and I to try and expedite things.
Between my husband and I we make decent money but we also have a mortgage and a lot of other bills so we cannot afford an attorney. I'm sure we do not qualify for any kind of assistance because they just look at what we make, not what we have left after we pay all our bills! I am a certified paralegal in the state of California, and although I know that doesn't do much living in the state of Indiana, forms are forms! If I can just get the forms then I am perfectly capable of filling them out myself but those are so far impossible to find! Is there anything anyone can suggest?What is the name of your state?

moburkes

I need someone to help me with an un-contested adoption. The biological father of my children has agreed to the adoption and has signed the consent to adopt paper in front of the judge. The judge has agreed to waive the filing fee for my husband and I to try and expedite things.
Between my husband and I we make decent money but we also have a mortgage and a lot of other bills so we cannot afford an attorney. I'm sure we do not qualify for any kind of assistance because they just look at what we make, not what we have left after we pay all our bills! I am a certified paralegal in the state of California, and although I know that doesn't do much living in the state of Indiana, forms are forms! If I can just get the forms then I am perfectly capable of filling them out myself but those are so far impossible to find! Is there anything anyone can suggest?What is the name of your state?
I don't believe there are any.

CCMominVA

Having just completed a stepparent adoption here in Virginia, what was required was a petition that we had to file in the court. We had the petition drafted up by a military lawyer (ours was also uncontested). There are no specific forms.... We also had to pay Social Services for a homestudy (here it was $250), so you might want to consider the cost in that also.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">