• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchell70

Indiana
My husband and I have been fight child support on my ex-husband now since 2003. My ex has not aid anything from 2/2007 until 6/08 and he also has not seen the kids since 12/06. The first time he called here for them was 7/08 in which I had the number changed. He has receently starting paying some support 6/08 only because the state has him in the system. We are trying to have my husband adopt the kids. Do we need my ex's consent even now that he is paying some of the time????? Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.

Antigone*

Indiana
My husband and I have been fight child support on my ex-husband now since 2003. My ex has not aid anything from 2/2007 until 6/08 and he also has not seen the kids since 12/06. The first time he called here for them was 7/08 in which I had the number changed. He has receently starting paying some support 6/08 only because the state has him in the system. We are trying to have my husband adopt the kids. Do we need my ex's consent even now that he is paying some of the time????? Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.
:eek::eek::eek::eek: You can't be serious right :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you are, you will shortly get your just desserts...

AHA

The first time he called here for them was 7/08 in which I had the number changed. He has receently starting paying some support 6/08
Why are you deliberately trying to keep your children's father out of their lives?? Unless he's a convicted pedophile, it's a pretty selfish thing to do.

CourtClerk

Not only that, but dad stands a GREAT chance of getting custody of the kids should he ever bring this and your behavior to court.

Gracie3787

Do we need my ex's consent even now that he is paying some of the time?????
Uh, YES.

Even if he wasn't paying and never paid, you still have to either have his consent, or a court order involunatarily terminating his rights.

You should get a consult with an attorney to see what your options are.
BTW- Besure to inform the attorney that when he did try to contact his children, that you changed your number to prevent access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">