• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinkerbell84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I am about to be remarried next month and my soon to be husband would like to adopt my daughter. My ex husband is on the birth certificate however he is not the biological father. The biological father was there when my daughter was born and so is well aware of her existance. However I have not heard from him or seen him in 3 years. Not even a simple phone call to see if she is still alive. To do the adoption Can my ex husband just sign over my daughter to my fiance or do I have to have the bio dads consent??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I am about to be remarried next month and my soon to be husband would like to adopt my daughter. My ex husband is on the birth certificate however he is not the biological father. The biological father was there when my daughter was born and so is well aware of her existance. However I have not heard from him or seen him in 3 years. Not even a simple phone call to see if she is still alive. To do the adoption Can my ex husband just sign over my daughter to my fiance or do I have to have the bio dads consent??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You NEED an attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">