• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-Parent Adoption in Alaska

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christina.moore

What is the name of your state? Alaska

Here's my situation:
1. The biological father is unknown (yes, really..)
2. My husband and I have been together since I was 4 months pregnant
3. My daughter is now 5 years old
4. I cannot file paperwork in Alaska without consent from biological father,

Thus, I am stuck in the proceedings. I have documentation from other states supporting my statement that the biological father is unknown, but this is apparently not enough in Alaska. Any advice?

I have contacted an attorney and he told me I could do it all myself:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Did you explain how the biofather is UNKNOWN and not just unlocated and legally not named?

The other option you have quite frankly is moving to another state.

milspecgirl

unless you were raped by a stranger- you have some idea of who the dad could be. You can use the police report from the rape then to prove you don't know who dad is. 1 night stand at a party? call ppl who were at the party and ask if they remember "guy with red shirt and glasses- whatever). you will have to have his consent

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Alaska

Here's my situation:
1. The biological father is unknown (yes, really..)
2. My husband and I have been together since I was 4 months pregnant
3. My daughter is now 5 years old
4. I cannot file paperwork in Alaska without consent from biological father,

Thus, I am stuck in the proceedings. I have documentation from other states supporting my statement that the biological father is unknown, but this is apparently not enough in Alaska. Any advice?

I have contacted an attorney and he told me I could do it all myself:confused:
I really think that you need to get an attorney on board for this adoption. Its not something that you should attempt without one, and I can't imagine that there is not some provision in Alaskan law to allow for an adoption to take place if the father is truly unknown.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">