• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent Adoption in Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgt5170

i live in louisiana and have a 3 year old child. my fiance has helped raise her since she was 6 months old. her bio dad left when i was pregnant and has denied being the father since then. his name is not on the birth certificate because he said it was not his child. i have sent him pictures of her after she was born giving him the chance to reconsider his decision, but received no response. i am getting married soon and my fiance wants to adopt her. he is the only father she has known and loves him very much. can this be done without the bio dad's permission?

L

lawrat

Unfortunately, you need to attempt via a lawyer to get him to sign off on parental rights (terminate his rights). If he doesn't, then you need to file for an ex parte determination of abandonment.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">