• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-Parent Adoption In Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwarf797

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about step-parent adoptions in Missouri. I left my ex the "sperm donor" after he abused my child. He has had nothing to do with her for over 7 years. No visits, No child support, Nothing. I am know married, and he would like to adopt my daughter as much as she would like him to adopt her. I don't know what the process is to do this. Such as cost, do I need the biological father's permission to do this even though he abandoned my daughter? I have so many questions, and don't know where to turn. Any information would be greatly apprecited. Thanks in advance.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about step-parent adoptions in Missouri. I left my ex the "sperm donor" after he abused my child.I'm sorry to hear that you and your child suffered abuse. He has had nothing to do with her for over 7 years. No visits, No child support, Nothing. I am know married, and he would like to adopt my daughter as much as she would like him to adopt her. This will not happen unless the *X* consents.
I don't know what the process is to do this. Such as cost, do I need the biological father's permission to do this even though he abandoned my daughter? Yes, you do.I have so many questions, and don't know where to turn. Any information would be greatly apprecited. Thanks in advance.

Many more will be giving their input, so check back.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually, if he abused the child, Mom MAY be able to get a court to terminate his rights w/o his consent. But really, the best course of action is to speak with a local attorney.

And Shay - could you please try to sort out your problem with quoting? It makes it hard to read your responses. Thanks. :cool:

Shay-Pari'e

Actually, if he abused the child, Mom MAY be able to get a court to terminate his rights w/o his consent. But really, the best course of action is to speak with a local attorney.

And Shay - could you please try to sort out your problem with quoting? It makes it hard to read your responses. Thanks. :cool:

I honestly don't know how to use it. If anyone wants to help me, I'm all ears.

Shay-Pari'e

Did I do this right?

I honestly don't know how to use it. If anyone wants to help me, I'm all ears.
I hope so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">