• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent Adoption/Nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I have a 12 year old son who's biological father passed away 3 years ago. His stepdad wants to adopt him. I want to do this pro-se. Does anyone have any advice on where to start?

wileybunch

Not sure if this will help, but we are in Clark County and are in the process of applying to be foster parents/adopt and have been told the attorney and court filing fees to finalize the adoption will be ~$250 so I imagine whatever is done for that would be similar to what you need (in terms of scope of attorney's efforts). If it truly is only $250, I wouldn't even try a DIY.

You might consider calling Clark County Family Services (if that's where you are) at (702) 455-0181 or if not calling Carson City's at (775) 684-4400 to see if they can refer you one of the attorneys they use for finalization (or get the county's Family Service's number for your area from Carson City and call them to ask).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">