• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step parent adoption, no father listed on birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmpagp

I live in Massachusetts with my 10 year old daughter and husband. My daughter is from a previous relationship. She was born in Ohio and has had no contact with her bio father since she was 3 years old, and even then it was a month of contact and absolutely nothing before or after that. Bio dad is NOT listed on the birth certificate - under "Father" it says unknown. What steps do we need to take to start an adoption process. Is this a case where a family lawyer who specializes in adoption is required? Is there any way to do it without a lawyer?

Thank you,
Kris

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Adoption is one legal procedure where it is never a good idea to not use an attorney. IMO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">