• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step parent adoption reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kahlua4870

What is the name of your state? Florida
When my husband and I got married, he had 2 children from a previous marriage. I adopted them afterwards. We are currently going through a divorce and I was wondering if I could have the adoption reversed?

Silverplum

When my husband and I got married, he had 2 children from a previous marriage. I adopted them afterwards. We are currently going through a divorce and I was wondering if I could have the adoption reversed?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Adoption is forever. YOU are their mother now.

mlane58

Boy isn't that nice----throw away children. What a wonderful message that sends. Just when you think you have heard it all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a friend in a similar situation - adopted two of his (now ex) wife's kids. He pays child support on them because they are HIS kids too :)

fairisfair

Not unless you can tell me how to put mine back where they came from. :eek: :rolleyes:;):DOUCH!!!!

Okay, that was bad. I should be punished. :p

moburkes

You've got to be kidding me? Why did you adopt them, if you weren't willing to accept a lifetime of responsibility? How cruel? You probably talked about the mama who gave her kids up, and now you want to do it?

OMG!:eek:

K

kahlua4870

Boy isn't that nice----throw away children. What a wonderful message that sends. Just when you think you have heard it all.
First of all, you have no idea what the situation is. These children are being thrust in the middle of a horrible situation and are being forced to lie and manipulate like their father. He has them convinced they want nothing to do with me or my family because they are "afraid of us" We also have a child together who is 1 year old and the oldest child has threatened to hurt the baby. It is a long story that i cannot go into right now. Dont be so quick to judge... :mad:

moburkes

First of all, you have no idea what the situation is. These children are being thrust in the middle of a horrible situation and are being forced to lie and manipulate like their father. He has them convinced they want nothing to do with me or my family because they are "afraid of us" We also have a child together who is 1 year old and the oldest child has threatened to hurt the baby. It is a long story that i cannot go into right now. Dont be so quick to judge... :mad:
Yeah? And bio-kids whose parents are divorcing go through this as well. The answer isn't to un-adopt your children. They're yours, remember? Are you going to give up the baby as well?

fairisfair

hey weren't you trying to not give dad visitation of that baby on another post. Because you had to breastfeed?? and the baby is A YEAR OLD???? Gadzooks woman!!!:eek:

tuffbrk

So you got your own "flesh & blood" child so your other children are too much bother now? Why don't you work with them or get counseling with them if at all possible? BTW - are dad and his family "magical" at brainwashing? Do some of your own - and remember that actions speak louder than words and your proposed actions are speaking volumes...

nextwife

Good heavens! As adoptive parents, our relationship with our kids has NOTHING to do with our marriages. We ARE our children's parents, whether they are our bio or adopted kids. If you didn't have a parent-child relationship with hubby's biochild, you should have never adopted her.

My, I can't imagine entertaining the concept of giving up MY daughter just because I broke up with her dad! Are you proposing giving up parental rights to your biochild, or is that "different" because she came from your uterus? GRRRRR! Our adopted kids are NOT disposable!!!! Adoption is forever.

K

kahlua4870

hey weren't you trying to not give dad visitation of that baby on another post. Because you had to breastfeed?? and the baby is A YEAR OLD???? Gadzooks woman!!!:eek:
What does my breastfeeding have to do with anything? I HAVE to give her to him, not by choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">