• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-Parent Adoption 'rules'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JSaylor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am currently a mother of a 3 month old son. The biological father has yet to see my son, call about him, anything. I called him when I came home from the hospital and told him he had arrived and he could come see him. He said he would on Fri with his mother, and neither called or showed up. I have yet since then to hear from him or anyone in his family. He doesn't pay child support, he isn't on the birth certificate, and there is no paternity done.

My current husband is interested in adopting my son, What are the laws in Ohio for this to be done? I guess I am asking what are the 'rules'

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am currently a mother of a 3 month old son. The biological father has yet to see my son, call about him, anything. I called him when I came home from the hospital and told him he had arrived and he could come see him. He said he would on Fri with his mother, and neither called or showed up. I have yet since then to hear from him or anyone in his family. He doesn't pay child support, he isn't on the birth certificate, and there is no paternity done.

My current husband is interested in adopting my son, What are the laws in Ohio for this to be done? I guess I am asking what are the 'rules'
When were you married?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And quite frankly you would need to petition for a paternity test for the child and force this man to get tested. You would then have to get his permission to do a stepparent adoption.

Or you could commit fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">