• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption in va

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcortinas167

Virginia

I am interested in adopting my soon to be step son.

My fiance has won both full legal and physical custody of the child, the mother pays no child support nor is granted visitation rights.

She is interested in signing adoption papers for sake of her never having to pay child support aslong as he is in his father custody nor wants any visitation with him.

She offered my fiance and i a deal she offered us to pay her $18,000 ($1,000) for every year he is a minor, in order to allow me to willingly adopt him.
She offered us this deal because she is $15,000 in debt.

We want to know since we have proof of her offering us a deal to essentially sell him to us if it is considered child trafficking and ground for a judge to terminate her rights and to see me fit as the most beneficial mother to him.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

Virginia

I am interested in adopting my soon to be step son.

My fiance has won both full legal and physical custody of the child, the mother pays no child support nor is granted visitation rights.

She is interested in signing adoption papers for sake of her never having to pay child support aslong as he is in his father custody nor wants any visitation with him.

She offered my fiance and i a deal she offered us to pay her $18,000 ($1,000) for every year he is a minor, in order to allow me to willingly adopt him.
She offered us this deal because she is $15,000 in debt.

We want to know since we have proof of her offering us a deal to essentially sell him to us if it is considered child trafficking and ground for a judge to terminate her rights and to see me fit as the most beneficial mother to him.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
That your Boyfriend would allow such a person as you in HIS childs life is just...nasty.

bcortinas167

why am i the bad person? im trying to do the right thing and get a women who is trying to sell her child out of his life? we are not willing to pay for her terms we just thik that this shoudl be proof for human trafficking and grounds for her rights to be revoked

and i said soon to be step -son just to clarify

bcortinas167

but is us having proof of her trying to sell her child to us proof enough for a judge to see her unfit as a parent and to revoke her rights.?

on top of her being mentally unstable and having been advised and diagnosed by a psychologist that she needs intense in patient therepy and refuses?

this women has a history of violence, and to be a danger to herself and others

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You won't have any chance at all until you're married to the father. Using her willingness to "sell" the child would be extremely tricky, and you would definitely want a lawyer's advice on that--although I'm not sure many lawyers would want to touch that. You'll probably have better luck concentrating on the reasons she's been denied custody and visitation, if they're serious enough to warrant having her parental rights stripped.

Perhaps the incentive of not having to pay child support would be reason enough for her to consent to an adoption, if she's not paying now because the father isn't asking for any. But, again, don't get too far ahead of yourselves. You're not married yet.

You really need to talk to a lawyer so you can begin to prepare.

bcortinas167

she is willing to consent if we pay her! hopefully theres a way this could work in our favor and yes we are going to hirer a lawyer and get this rolling after were married i just wanted to know generally where we stand and how to get the ball rolling with so many loopoles and such with adoptions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">