• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepparent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ebileth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

We filed for my husband to adopt my son back in May. We are waiting on the final court date; however, we are moving to North Carolina on September 28. Are we going to have to start the whole process over again or can we just come back down here for the court date?
Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

We filed for my husband to adopt my son back in May. We are waiting on the final court date; however, we are moving to North Carolina on September 28. Are we going to have to start the whole process over again or can we just come back down here for the court date?
Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You can come back to FL for the court date.

ebileth

I agree, however why you would make plans to make that kind of move in the middle of something as important as an adoption, kind of boggles my mind.
Well, we didn't anticipate it taking this long. We had everything turned in together when we filed. They said it should only take about 8 wks. As you can see, it has taken a lot longer than that. We expected it to be done by the end of the summer. As far as moving, my grandparents need help, so we are moving there to help them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">