• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stepparrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ryanmpc_98

What is the name of your state? California is my state. was married currently divorced former spouse has a little boy 7yrs that has known me only as dad. No dad is listed on birth cert. We have been divorced for two years and after two months mom could not make it on her own and child was unhappy and me too so let her move back in with me. We have no relationship and I put up with her because I love this little boy and do not want to see him grow up a loser. Problem is that he is no longer on my insurance coverage as we are not married. Would it be possible to adopt him and get full custody with Moms approval? How do I do this in the most cost effective way is a parralegal an option. Never adopted him cause mom would surely go for child support which would go for anything but support. I have always given him all he needs and more (he's spoiled but the sweetist kid ever) unfortunately covering him medically is a large expense that could be directed to a college fund or private school. So is it possible to get full custody and how do I do it. Also if the mom does not agree is there a course of action I can take.

Seanscott

You really need a consultation with a good family attorney. A consultation may be free, it may cost $100.

I think it's great that you want to take care of your son. Sorry I can't offer any good advice.

Now if you want to remarry Mom, the adoption could be done. But I know you don't want to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">