• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strange situation I need lots of answers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Panopel

TX
I am pregnant now and the father is no where in the picture. He knows about the baby but wants nothing to do with it. I wouldn't even know where to find him and he is not going to be on the birth certificate. My boyfriend now has been with me throught most of the pregnancy and we want him to be the father. How would I go about making him the adopted father and what could be the repercutions if I just put his name on the birth certificate? I also have a son from my first marriage that father has past away. I dont want him to adopt him out of respect for the father, but if we are together a long time I would want him to take care of him if anything happens to me. This is complicated cause he is autistic and doesnt speak and I can't ask his opinion. Also I get social security from my husband that passed away. Taking care of a child with disability I really need the money how would me getting married effect this? I was also wondering about the name changes. Right now I'm going to give the baby the same last name as his brother and I. Which is a little strange cause it's not my maiden name but I want my children to have the same last name as me and I wont change my first sons last name. But when we do get married and he adopts the youngest one I will want to change his last name to his. How much am I looking at spending for an adoption and a name change?

Imho

IMHO I would never agree to doing this if I were your boyfriend. Putting his name on the birth certificate may just put him in a positiion at a later date should things not work out, into paying child support for a child that is not his. Since your first husband died I'm sure that you get survivor benefits for yourself and for your first child. I THINK that you would lose the survivor benefits for YOU, but would continue to receive them for your child.

So the sperm donor wants nothing to do with you or the baby, and you want this next guy to put his name on the sperm donor's childs birth certificate? If I were that guy I would run, not walk to the nearest exit. Looks to me like you're looking for a sugar daddy. Ever hear of birth control?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">