• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subsidy help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adeon95

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

---> what do i do when my parents receive my subsidy ( which is $ 597.00/a month) and i cant have anything while they kicked me out at the age of 17?? how can i support my self???

tranquility

Go to the police or child protective services. Your parents have to support you (unless you are emancipated) until you are 18.

LillianX

it's not up until 21 in NY?
It depends on the circumstances. If the parents outright kick their child out of the house, support is required. If the child leaves on his or her own without permission or without good cause, the parents aren't responsible. Furthermore, if the child refuses to obey reasonable parental rules, he or she forfeits the right to be supported.

More often than not, the child has to take his or her parents to court to obtain support, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">