• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termanating Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bellebutton

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

What are the laws in Nebraska for terminating a parents rights??? I want to terminate my ex husbands rights, does he have to start this process? Is Nebraska willing to let him do this.

Last edited:

B

Bellebutton

Are you or have you received any form of state assistance (food stamps, etc)?
No, I am not nor have I ever been on any type of state assistance. I would just like to know if he is able to terminate his rights, what I have learned is that I cannot do this, but would like to know if he wanted to could he?

CJane

No, I am not nor have I ever been on any type of state assistance. I would just like to know if he is able to terminate his rights, what I have learned is that I cannot do this, but would like to know if he wanted to could he?
No. It's not a matter of which person wants to, or which person files. Unless and until there's a step-parent willing to adopt and take on the financial responsibility for the child (barring extreme circumstances which do not apply to you), then he will remain the legal father of the child, with all of the rights and responsibilities that entails.

B

Bellebutton

No. It's not a matter of which person wants to, or which person files. Unless and until there's a step-parent willing to adopt and take on the financial responsibility for the child (barring extreme circumstances which do not apply to you), then he will remain the legal father of the child, with all of the rights and responsibilities that entails.
Thank you CJane

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I answered you in the other thread with almost the exact same answer as CJane. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STARTING A SECOND THREAD TO ASK THE EXACT SAME QUESTION? That is against the TOS and shows your lack of respect for those of us who have attempted to help you. Deleting that thread to start this one shows that you have no regard for the terms of service or the members on this site. I gave you the exact same answer CJane did in this thread and apparently you didn't like it then or were too thick to understand it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">