• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer Jurisdiction for Adoption Out of Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AuntyM

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I currently have sole managing conservator ship of my minor cousin. We have had sole custody of him for over a year now and would like to adopt him. We live in a different state from his father, who lives in Texas. His father has a long history of drug abuse and was recently arrested for possession of a class 1 controlled substance and other charges resulting from that incident. Currently Texas has jurisdiction as we try to adopt him. We would like to move the jurisdiction to our home state as he has been living her with us for a year and a half. How do we go about getting the adoption case moved here where we live and out of Texas? Is it hard to get a judge to sign off?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I currently have sole managing conservator ship of my minor cousin. We have had sole custody of him for over a year now and would like to adopt him. We live in a different state from his father, who lives in Texas. His father has a long history of drug abuse and was recently arrested for possession of a class 1 controlled substance and other charges resulting from that incident. Currently Texas has jurisdiction as we try to adopt him. We would like to move the jurisdiction to our home state as he has been living her with us for a year and a half. How do we go about getting the adoption case moved here where we live and out of Texas? Is it hard to get a judge to sign off?
You need to hire a TEXAS Attorney.

LdiJ

You need to hire a TEXAS Attorney.
That may not be accurate for an adoption case...depending on the details of the past. I think that she should consult a local adoption attorney to whom she should detail the complete and total history of the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">