• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get adoption papers open for medical reasons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irene barbara

What is the name of your state? Florida. I am trying to find my son who was adopted back in 1958. I had no choice at that time because I was 16 and my dad threatned the father of the baby. My Dad died in 2004. I also met the father of the baby at a reuion. We both still want to locate our son. There is a medical reason on the fathers side that our son and his family should know about. My son was born Nov.4,1958 in Hialeah Hosp. Fla. I also live in Fla. now. I understand that the adoption papers are filed in Miami. My question is what part of the Miami Court House do I have to go to find the adoption papers. Miami has two Court Houses. Any other advice would be of great help. Thank you.:confused:

Last edited:

seniorjudge

irene barbara said:
What is the name of your state? Florida. I am trying to find my son who was adopted back in 1958. I had no choice at that time because I was 16 and my dad threatned the father of the baby. My Dad died in 2004. I also met the father of the baby at a reuion. We both still want to locate our son. There is a medical reason on the fathers side that our son and his family should know about. My son was born Nov.4,1958 in Hialeah Hosp. Fla. I also live in Fla. now. I understand that the adoption papers are filed in Miami. My question is what part of the Miami Court House do I have to go to find the adoption papers. Miami has two Court Houses. Any other advice would be of great help. Thank you.:confused:
www.adoption-fraud.com/pt3.htm

I don't know anything about this group; but it may give you a start on your research.

As an adoptee, You can give the state your "updated" medical history. The courts will not open up your records just so your son will know what might be in his future. Sometimes they will open them "if" you need something like a bone marrow and no one else is a match, and then they get a middle man to contact the other person, you will still be left in the dark on his name and where he lives.

There are many search databases on the web, I suggest if your trying to locate him post your information everywhere on the web. Register is ISSR, and your state agency.

My birthmother was born in 1957, I know what your going through becasue I'm still searching for her...... don't leave no stone unturned if this is truly what your searching for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">