• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tx adandonment adoption law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandaklinger

im currently in IN, but will be moving to tx. here in IN it takes 1 year no contact and 1 year no support from my ex husband before my fiance can adopt them. but i need to know tx laws on the matter, can anyone help answer this for me

Gracie3787

im currently in IN, but will be moving to tx. here in IN it takes 1 year no contact and 1 year no support from my ex husband before my fiance can adopt them. but i need to know tx laws on the matter, can anyone help answer this for me
You can Google the statutes.

However, your fiance will not be able to adopt. Usually a step-parent adoption cannot be done until the parent and step-parent have been married for at least 1 year.

Does your ex live in IN, and is the support order in IN?
If they are, IN will continue to have jurisdiction, therefore IN law is what you need.

Call me cynical, and I apoligize if I'm wrong, but I hope that you plan to inform the court and your ex of your planned move. If you were to move without telling court and ex (and getting permission) then you would have a very hard time proving abandonment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">