• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx Dcps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sologig

What is the name of your state? TX

I am a single mother who would like to do more to help children in my future. I can't find a closer forum to ask but hopefully this is the right category. I want to be able to be a foster parent and adopt in a few years. Recently, I was investigated for child neglect by the local agency, DCPS. Those charges were investigated and ruled out. I have never been investigated for child abuse and neglect and my oldest son is eight. Texas gives a choice at end of investigation to have records completely expunged or remain on record. In my case, the complaint was made likely by a non-custodial parent with a restraining order and he should not have known my address except for an invisible keylogger on my other PC. He was in police custody or INS custody for DV at time complaint was filed but has family and friends who might do this for him. Complaint only covers two of three children (the two that are his kids only).

Now considering the goals of retaining sole custody of my kids, and being free to foster parent and adopt. What are the pros and cons of leaving the records show it was unfounded versus getting records expunged? Any thoughts? Anyone in Texas here? This is also a DV question so I might also post it there.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">